MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL OF COLN ST ALDWYNS (Issue 1)
Held on Wednesday September 21st 2016 in Nigel and Angie's Barn.
Present: Councillors Ian Powell (Chair), David Hicks Beach, Terry Davidson, Caroline Wallis, John Reeves, County and District Councillor Ray Theodolou and Parish Clerk Chris Jackson.
- Apologies: None
- There were no declarations of interest
- Matters arising not on the agenda: Invoices with correct vat number for village meeting wine and wine gifted to Nigel need submitting to Ian (Action; Caroline);
Internal playground audit to be put on next meeting`s agenda (Action: Clerk);
Community Speedwatch Ian to attend meeting on 28/09/16 (Action Ian).
Council confirmed that it still supports this project; Move 30mph sign in Bibury Road up towards the Village sign on the Aldsworth road (Action: Ray to investigate feasibility); Re- Quenington obtaining a new mobile speeding sign, does this mean the existing sign will only be used by Hatherop and Coln (Action: Clerk to find out);
Can we have funds for a Grit Bin and street cleaning? (Action: Ray to find out if some funds available);
See-Saw to be re-installed on September 28th starting at 0830 (Action: John to pop over and see if any help required);
Playground wall not repaired by the estate (Action: Clerk to phone Peter Hewson and follow up with a letter).
- Ray Theodolou's Report: There has been criticism of the work of Amey and they are trying to improve their performance. Any issues, please let Ray know. County Council are starting the budget round facing a request from Government for high savings. Consultation will continue until December. Hoping to achieve a 3 year settlement with the Government. Costs supporting Young Persons are rising fast. Monies from Business Rates is due to the Council by how and when is still not clear. The bypass route to improve the traffic around the Air Balloon is not yet approved although the money is earmarked. Re- The New Inn, it seems it has been accepted by CDC that the New Inn has done all that is possible to curb the noise of its kitchen fans. The New Inn has also been leased to the owners of the Swan at Swinbrook.
- Street Cleaning/Weed control: Correspondence from Ubico and CDC suggested that the Council had to apply for a special task force (man and a van) to come and remove the gutter weeds (Normal twice annual street cleaning did not do this). (Action: A letter of request to be drawn up and submitted to CDC (Action: Clerk/Ian)
- Accounts: Ian presented the latest position on the 2016/2017 accounts (see attachment). The Council approved unanimously the expenses payment of £250 to the Clerk and the CPRE cheque for £36. (Action: Clerk to chase if/when macventure playground audit would be done). Ian confirmed that we had received the external auditor's return from Grant Thornton. It contained no comments
- Planning Applications: Since the last meeting, there had been six new applications, four of which were for Trees. One tree application and the application for `The Mill (16/02740/FUL)` remained pending
- Planting further Trees in 2017: The Clerk said that there was interest in continuing the planting of trees to mark the Queen's 65 years on the throne in July 2017 and we should consider planning this. The Council unanimously agreed to plant a further five Hornbeam trees continuing the line already planted (Action: Approach Mrs Kennedy requesting she covers the planting and protection expense as previously undertaken (Clerk to draft a letter for the Chair); Obtain from Jo Perkins the waiting list of parishioners who wish to purchase the five trees (Action: Clerk); Contact GCC legal services to check if any permissions required (Action: Clerk):
- Traffic at the Manor: The Clerk advised the Council that the residents of the Manor wished to put up more signage to discourage wrongly directed SatNav traffic coming to the Manor. The Council confirmed that they had no objections to the plans proposed. Councillors also suggested a key pad operated gate and CCTV (linked to I-Pad) should be considered
- Correspondence; An email from the GRCC reminded the Council that we had an emergency plan toolkit (Battlebox) but that it had not been looked at for some time (Action: Ian to inspect the Battlebox and consider if this should be done on a certain frequency). The Clerk said that he had had a complaint about bonfires. The Council was asked to tell the Clerk of any further bonfire `complaints` which might suggest the Council instigates a leaflet drop on the subject.
- Next Meetings: The dates of the next two meetings was agreed as (1) Wednesday November 23rd and (2) Wednesday January 18th 2017 both at 7.15pm
The meeting closed at 2030 hours.
SUMMARY OF THE MINUTES OF THE COLN ST ALDWYNS PARISH COUNCIL MEETING held on Wednesday 21st September 2016
- The accounts for 2016/2017 to date were reviewed and approved
- The Council is investigating steps to have weeds removed from the gutters on Bibury Road
- The Council has agreed in principle to planting a further 5 hornbeam trees along the Aldsworth Road to mark the Queen's 65 years reign in July 2017
- The next meeting will be on Wednesday November 23rd @ 7.15pm in Nigel and Angie's barn
Chris Jackson (Parish Clerk)